In today’s episode of Bricks & Bytes, we have Aarni Heiskanen, the Construction Innovation Agent at AE Partners
Learn why construction innovation is hard, how workers waste 80% of time, how digital tech cuts costs 20%, and how sustainability is driving the future.
Tune in to find out about:
- Why construction's complexity makes innovation nearly impossible
- Research showing 80% of worker time wasted searching for info
- How on-site “mini factories” could optimize with robotics
- How digital tech like BIM is already cutting quality costs 20%
- Why sustainability is imperative and requires digitization
If you enjoy today’s episode, leave us a comment. And don’t forget to subscribe to our channel!
Aarni Heiskanen | Construction Innovation Agent at AE Partners | ConTech
Today’s Sponsor: beta – Construction and technology network platform
– connecting the tech industry with traditional construction partners.
(0:00-1:22) – Intro
(1:22-6:00) – Innovations happening in construction
(6:00-19:10) – Tips to increase productivity in construction
(19:10-22:10) – What works best in terms of innovation in construction
(22:10-31:10) – What people are more interested in among tangible products and software in construction
(31:10-36:10) – Benchmarks for measuring innovation
(36:10-38:00) – AEC Business
(38:00-40:10) – Strategy for growing on LinkedIn
(40:10-41:08) – Outro